As a new standard in mobile connectivity, eSIMs make it easier than ever for travelers to stay connected no matter where you are in the world and save your data plan. If you are planning to travel Malaysia, eSIMs can help you get connected without the hassle of swapping out SIM cards or relying on expensive roaming plans.
Important: Your mobile device must be carrier-unlocked and eSIM-compatible to use eSIM.
In this post, you will explore the most popular eSIM-compatible devices on the market, including smartphones, tablets and smartwatches.
Because eSIMs are a game-changing technology, we update this list every month with the latest model.
I. Which Apple devices support eSIM?
- iPhone 15
- iPhone 15 Plus
- iPhone 15 Pro
- iPhone 15 Pro Max
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone SE (2022)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad (10th generation)
- iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Mini (6th generation)
The following Apple devices DO NOT have eSIM capability:
- iPhone devices from Mainland China.
- iPhone devices from Hong Kong and Macao (except for the iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone SE 2020, and iPhone XS).
Only iPad devices with Wi-Fi + Cellular features are supported.
For iPhone and iPad purchased in TURKEY:
- If you’re setting up your device for the first time after June 23, 2020, your eSIM will be activated after setup. Contact your carrier if you don’t have eSIM enabled.
- If your device was configured before the mentioned date, you’ll need to follow a few steps to activate your eSIM. This process may require youy to erase your device, so it’s important to back up your device beforehand.
II. Which Android devices support eSIM?
1. Samsung Devices that support eSIM
- Samsung Galaxy S23
- Samsung Galaxy S23+
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S22 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S22+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G*
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G*
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G*
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20+
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4*
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4*
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
The following Samsung Galaxy devices DO NOT have eSIM capability:
- All Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and Galaxy S21 FE models.
- USA models of the Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S21, and Galaxy Z Flip 5G.
- USA and Hong Kong models of the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2.
- Most Samsung devices purchased in South Korea do not support eSIMs.
*Only the Samsung Galaxy S23, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4, and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 purchased in South Korea are eSIM compatible.
*Samsung Galaxy S21 series devices (with the exception of FE models) from Canada and the USA may have eSIM capability as long as the One UI 4 update is installed. Please contact your carrier or device manufacturer to confirm that your Samsung device is eSIM-capable.
2. GOOGLE PIXEL Devices that support eSIM
- Google Pixel 7
- Google Pixel 7 Pro
- Google Pixel 6
- Google Pixel 6a
- Google Pixel 6 Pro
- Google Pixel 5
- Google Pixel 4, 4a & 4 XL
- Google Pixel 3 & 3 XL*
- Google Pixel 3a & 3a XL*
*The following Google Pixel devices DO NOT have eSIM capability:
- Pixel 3 models originating from Australia, Taiwan, and Japan, and those bought with service from US or Canadian carriers other than Sprint and Google Fi.
- Pixel 3a bought in South East Asia and with Verizon service.
3. HAMMER devices that support eSIM
- HAMMER Explorer PRO
- HAMMER Blade 3
- HAMMER Blade 5G
- myPhone NOW eSIM
4. MOTOROLA devices that support eSIM
- Motorola Razr 2019
- Motorola Razr 5G
5. HUAWEI devices that support eSIM
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro*
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
*The following HUAWEI devices DO NOT have eSIM capability:
- Huawei P40 Pro+
- All Huawei devices purchased in China are not eSIM capable.
6. ONEPLUS devices that support eSIM
*eSIM support is only available in certain regions. Please contact your carrier or device manufacturer to confirm that your OnePlus device is eSIM-capable.
7. OPPO devices that support eSIM
- OPPO Find X3 Pro*
- OPPO Find X5*
- OPPO Find X5 Pro*
- OPPO Reno A*
*eSIM support depends on carriers and coverage options. Coverage may vary. Known regions that do not support Dual SIM cards: Australia (Telstra and Optus) and Japan (KDDI).
8. Other Android devices that support eSIM
- Sony Xperia 10 III Lite
- Sony Xperia 10 IV
- Sony Xperia 1 IV
- Nuu Mobile X5
- Gemini PDA 4G+Wi-Fi
- Xiaomi 12T Pro (Global Version)
- Fairphone 4
Is your phone eSIM compatible?
III. Laptop and Tablets that support eSIM (WINDOWS 10*/ WINDOWS 11)
1. ACER devices that support eSIM
- ACER Swift 3
- ACER Swift 7
- Acer TravelMate P2
- Acer TravelMate Spin P4
- Acer TravelMate P6
2. ASUS devices that support eSIM
- ASUS Mini Transformer T103HAF
- ASUS NovaGo TP370QL
- ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 TP401NA
3. DELL devices that support eSIM
- Dell Latitude 9510
- Dell Latitude 7410
- Dell Latitude 7310
- Dell Latitude 9410
- Dell Latitude 7210 2-in-1
- Dell Latitude 5410
- Dell Latitude 5411
- Dell Latitude 5511
4. HP devices that support eSIM
- HP Elitebook G4, G5 Notebook PC
- HP Probook G3, G4, G5 Notebook PC
- HP Zbook Studio G5
- HP Spectre Folio 13
- HP mt32 Mobile Thin Client
- HP Elite x2 G2, G3
- HP Envy x2
5. LENOVO devices that support eSIM
- Lenovo Yoga C630
- Lenovo Miix 630
- Lenovo Yoga 520
- Lenovo Yoga 720 convertible laptops
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Titanium Yoga 2 in 1
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano
- Lenovo ThinkPad X12 Detachable
- Lenovo Flex 5G
6. SURFACE* devices that support eSIM
- Surface Pro 9
- Surface Go 3
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Duo 2
- Surface Duo
*For Windows 10: Your PC needs to have Windows 10 version 1703 or later for you to use an eSIM. The device also needs to be LTE-ready.
*Surface: Any AT&T-locked devices will not support eSIM. If your device was purchased through another carrier, the carrier may have disabled the eSIM capability in Surface Duo. Please contact the carrier to confirm that eSIM is not disabled.
IV. Devices that do not support eSIM
LG, HTC, Xiaomi, Honor, RealMe, OnePlus, Vivo – no eSIM support yet
Still not sure if your device is eSIM-capable and unlocked? You can check this in your device settings (as outlined in the articles below) or contact your carrier or device manufacturer.
Why is my device on the list but can not use eSIM?
Some notes in the list showed that there are some variants of the devices that are not compatible with eSIM. You should also pay attention to the notes.
Besides, if your phone is locked by the carrier, you can not use eSIM. Please check how to check carrier lock status on the previous part.
What should I do if my device can not use Malaysia eSIM?
You can purchase a SIM card to use data while traveling in Malaysia. SIM cards can be found in the airport or any convenience stores in Malaysia.
What can I do if I already purchased an eSIM, but my device is incompatible?
If you have not activated the eSIM and the device is not supported, you can contact MalaysiaeSIM to request a refund. Read more about Cancellation and Refund.